Egg has been scrambled?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
billie1
First Team
First Team

Re: Egg has been scrambled?

Post by billie1 »

trooper20 wrote:

Really?.. Did you watch Reading in the premiership last time> Certainly not gutless but majorly tactically unaware
I didn't see much of Reading in the premiership but I thought their performances under McDermott in the championship and particularly the year they got promoted showed that he was very capable at that level . I was pleased that we appointed him at the time . I guess the premiership is a whole different ballpark that exposed his limitations , but at championship level , I thought he'd have done a good job for us .
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

David Hockaday... It would make more sense to get David Hockney :roflmao:
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

Anyone else seen the tweets today from that bloke who was on the train from London to Leeds yesterday? Went and sat with Cellino for part of the journey. Sounds interesting if true. :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
Drs.Dad
Manager
Manager

Post by Drs.Dad »

becchio bear wrote:Anyone else seen the tweets today from that bloke who was on the train from London to Leeds yesterday? Went and sat with Cellino for part of the journey. Sounds interesting if true. :bear:

Stop being such a tease BB, and put the tweets up for us to see! :mrgreen:
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar

Post by becchio bear »

I wasn't being a tease lol. I don't know how to post them up. The gist is the egg wanted a £2m payout to walk and Cellino refused. A few expletives and seemingly paid him £1m. He still intends buying ER before the year is out. He is going to buy a piece of land closeish to ER and build a new training ground, all the players are going to be weighed upon their return from holiday, he's not happy at them living far from Leeds, he is bringing in a goalie and 2 central defenders from Cagliari for starters. :bear:
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

becchio bear wrote:I wasn't being a tease lol. I don't know how to post them up. The gist is the egg wanted a £2m payout to walk and Cellino refused. A few expletives and seemingly paid him £1m. He still intends buying ER before the year is out. He is going to buy a piece of land closeish to ER and build a new training ground, all the players are going to be weighed upon their return from holiday, he's not happy at them living far from Leeds, he is bringing in a goalie and 2 central defenders from Cagliari for starters. :bear:
He certainly means business :-D
eastyorkshirewhite
First Team
First Team

Post by eastyorkshirewhite »

Well the famous five held a meeting in our local at lunchtime and we can now announce that none of us will be renewing our season tickets but we don't expect a phone call from Cellino like uncle ken used to do.We have decided to follow United away and will attend a few home games mainly the night ones but on a Saturday we are going to have days out watching other matches.Never thought it would come to this but we have had enough of all the lies been treated like s**t.So a few clubs will gain a few extra quid next season.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

So once again Cellino is telling total strangers about private affairs that have nothing to do with them. What a wonderful bloke he is, so trustworthy.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar

Post by becchio bear »

HarryofOz wrote:So once again Cellino is telling total strangers about private affairs that have nothing to do with them. What a wonderful bloke he is, so trustworthy.
He is the owner not an employee. If he chooses to talk about stuff then it is totally up to him. :bear:
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

becchio bear wrote:
He is the owner not an employee. If he chooses to talk about stuff then it is totally up to him. :bear:
Nonsense, McDermott entered those negotiations in good faith and has every right to expect confidentiality.

So much for the so called mutual respect statement on the Leeds site. Officially Cellino being all nice and honourable and then stabbing McDermott in the back in unofficial conversations with strangers.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
ldsutd
First Team
First Team

Post by ldsutd »

HarryofOz why do you believe what (some bloke) on a train says. Also why would a millionaire get on a train because i am sure Alan sugar conducts most of his business deals on a public train lmao.
I think i will start tweeting rubbish about the fact that a friend of a friend had seen sesc fabregass talking to cellino so he's coming to Leeds lol
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar

Post by becchio bear »

HarryofOz wrote:
Nonsense, McDermott entered those negotiations in good faith and has every right to expect confidentiality.

So much for the so called mutual respect statement on the Leeds site. Officially Cellino being all nice and honourable and then stabbing McDermott in the back in unofficial conversations with strangers.
Rubbish. So much for nice guy Brian demanding £2m, I wish I could be so crap at a job and walk away with such a sum. :bear:
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

becchio bear wrote:
Rubbish. So much for nice guy Brian demanding £2m, I wish I could be so crap at a job and walk away with such a sum. :bear:
He has a contact and has rights under it.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

ldsutd wrote:HarryofOz why do you believe what (some bloke) on a train says. Also why would a millionaire get on a train because i am sure Alan sugar conducts most of his business deals on a public train lmao.
I think i will start tweeting rubbish about the fact that a friend of a friend had seen sesc fabregass talking to cellino so he's coming to Leeds lol
Good point - so I guess the bit about buying and building a new training ground, weighing the players (as if that wouldn't happen anyway) and bringing all those new players is in doubt as well :wink:
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @MartynStead

Egg has been scrambled?

Post by Martyn »

Cellino clearly respects nobody.
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

eastyorkshirewhite wrote:Well the famous five held a meeting in our local at lunchtime and we can now announce that none of us will be renewing our season tickets but we don't expect a phone call from Cellino like uncle ken used to do.We have decided to follow United away and will attend a few home games mainly the night ones but on a Saturday we are going to have days out watching other matches.Never thought it would come to this but we have had enough of all the lies been treated like crap.So a few clubs will gain a few extra quid next season.
So how is that action gonna help LUFC :shock:
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar

Egg has been scrambled?

Post by Martyn »

Leon - it isn't our role to serve LUFC. You seem to have your priorities back to front
drsdadsotherson
First Team
First Team

Post by drsdadsotherson »

Guildford White wrote:Leon - it isn't our role to serve LUFC. You seem to have your priorities back to front
I disagree. I can't think of any business more reliant on a symbiotic relationship with its consumers than a football club. Sure, all businesses are like that to an extent, but you can't rebrand, R&D or find new outlets for supporters in the football world.
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar

Egg has been scrambled?

Post by Martyn »

Nor do I want to, but If we regard ourselves purely as cannon fodder for whatever owners we may have from time to time, our only role to buy season tickets and consume merchandise, then we disenfranchise ourselves. I have been following this club for 52 years, but that doesn't give Cellino ( or GFH or Bates or Krasner or Ridsdale or .......) the right to take my support for granted.

That is why I say it is not our role to serve LUFC. We offer them our loyalty but they have to deserve it
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

Personally I think a lot of people are judging Cellino and his reign at Leeds far too early. Fair play, if at the end of next season we're relegated and in tonnes of financial problems...but at present all he seems to have done is settle debts at the club and agree to get rid of a manager most wanted gone anyway...I think he really deserves time before he is judged - especially given the fact he effectively saved us from financial meltdown during the last season.