O/T 1st ten tracks.

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: O/T 1st ten tracks.

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:32 am I have just played Band of Horses 'Mirage rock'

like it
I'll have to give it a listen Hector

I only own their first three albums :

Everything All the Time :love:
Cease to Begin
Infinite Arms
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

faaip wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:29 am No, you're right, Judus Preist a truly awful band.
Another vote from me for JP being rubbish - I have no JP whatsoever.

The NWOBHM bands (other than Iron Maiden didn't really do it for me - although I didn't mind a bit of early Saxon - Wheels of Steel etc..). Much prefer the 70's classic rock/metal - Black Sabbath and the bands that grew out of the Purple family tree - Rainbow and Whitesnake (before they went all big hair and American), but not really Gillan.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

The Heathen - Bill Laswell - from Ambient translations of Bob Marley in Dub
Highway Jones - Cry of Love
Gimme a Highway - John Kilzer
Debra Kadabra - Zappa/Beefheart
Taste You - Melissa Auf De Maur
Set the Controls for the heart of the Sun - Pink Floyd.
Torture Never stops - Zappa
Cut Across Shorty - Rod Stewart
Bulldog Stance - Fugazi
Natures Way - Spirit
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

faaip wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:33 pm Very under rated album RBN, love Shooting Shark from that. Astronomy is a classic, the version on SEE is the best, agreed. But it's trumped by the OYFOOYK version of "Then Came The Last Days of May" which is and always will be, probably, my favourite track of all time ..

Both good tracks - but would probably go for Eyes on Fire and Shadow of California on RBN
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:40 pm Another vote from me for JP being rubbish - I have no JP whatsoever.

The NWOBHM bands (other than Iron Maiden didn't really do it for me - although I didn't mind a bit of early Saxon - Wheels of Steel etc..). Much prefer the 70's classic rock/metal - Black Sabbath and the bands that grew out of the Purple family tree - Rainbow and Whitesnake (before they went all big hair and American), but not really Gillan.
Diamond Head had their moments IIRC, have something on vinyl somewhere here from the seventies. Think they came from the Birmingham area
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
gessa

Post by gessa »

faaip wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:43 pm The Heathen - Bill Laswell - from Ambient translations of Bob Marley in Dub
Bulldog Stance - Fugazi
Natures Way - Spirit
Highway Jones came on mine the other day, first time in ages.
gessa

Post by gessa »

faaip wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:50 pm Diamond Head had their moments IIRC, have something on vinyl somewhere here from the seventies. Think they came from the Birmingham area
Stourbridge, not too far from Brum.
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

I'm sure it's their guitarist, Brian Tatler that always turns up on those BBC 3/BBC 4 music doc's if they're about rock, guitarists etc...
gessa

Post by gessa »

This evenings offerings

Alberta Cross - Water Mountain
Alice Cooper - Crazy Little Child
Tindersticks - Planting Holes
Jimi Hendrix - Straight Ahead
Nick Cave - Distant Sky
Kiev - Ariah Being
Pearl Jam - Thumbing My Way
Smashing Pumpkins - Bullet With Butterfly Wings
Mark Kozelek - Send In The Clowns
The Black Keys - Same Old Thing
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

faaip wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:43 pm The Heathen - Bill Laswell - from Ambient translations of Bob Marley in Dub
Bulldog Stance - Fugazi
Natures Way - Spirit
Never heard half of those faaip - however, having just had a listen to them on youtube I really like the Melissa Auf De Maur track. Must say that that ambient Bob Marley doesn't do it for me though !! :moggy:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I have a of of Ambient stuff from Can to Max Richter....It's mood music. Gotta be in the mood
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Melissa Auf De Maur of course Hole's bassist originally before going solo. It's a good album but the follow ups are a little dodgy
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

gessa wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:02 pm This evenings offerings

Alberta Cross - Water Mountain
Alice Cooper - Crazy Little Child
Tindersticks - Planting Holes
Jimi Hendrix - Straight Ahead
Nick Cave - Distant Sky
Kiev - Ariah Being
Pearl Jam - Thumbing My Way
Smashing Pumpkins - Bullet With Butterfly Wings
Mark Kozelek - Send In The Clowns
The Black Keys - Same Old Thing
I really like Alberta Cross - I only came across them initially on one of the free CD's in an edition of Classic Rock magazine a good few years ago now.
I'm afraid I just can't get into Tindersticks - I've tried, but not for me
Mark Kozelek and Kiev are new to me

:moggy:
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:23 am I have a of of Ambient stuff from Can to Max Richter....It's mood music. Gotta be in the mood
Snap :tup:
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

INXS - Shining Star
Jethro Tull - Mother Goose
The Beatles - Eleanor Rigby
Peter Gabriel - No Way Out
Myles Kennedy - Year of the Tiger
Paul Weller - The Weaver
The Virginmarys - Push The Pedal
Yes - To Be Over
The Rolling Stones - Ruby Tuesday
Joe Bonamassa - Dislocated Boy
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
gessa

Post by gessa »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:30 am I really like Alberta Cross - I only came across them initially on one of the free CD's in an edition of Classic Rock magazine a good few years ago now.
I'm afraid I just can't get into Tindersticks - I've tried, but not for me
Mark Kozelek and Kiev are new to me

:moggy:
Alberta Cross' albu.s get a lot of plays here. A band I'd really like to see live.

The Kiev album is another that i love, a real grower, definitely not an immediate impact album.

Kozelek does solo work, as well as his time with Red House Painters and going by the name Sun Kil Moon. Has done a few collaborations too, Jesu and Desertshore plus my favourite and one of my top albums Perils Of The Sea with Jimmy Lavelle, a big fan but have to admit his stuff the last 18months as done very little for me.
gessa

Post by gessa »

Sh!t it, had the ipod on shuffle most of the day, then it stopped playing, took a look and clicked the play button on the song it stopped on and it deleted the song from the ipod, went into my library, and any song I click on it is wiping not only that song but most of the album the song is from. WTF!!!
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

gessa wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:27 pm Sh!t it, had the ipod on shuffle most of the day, then it stopped playing, took a look and clicked the play button on the song it stopped on and it deleted the song from the ipod, went into my library, and any song I click on it is wiping not only that song but most of the album the song is from. WTF!!!
:shock: :shock: :shock:

A couple of years ago mine (a Classic 80GB) made a funny noise in the car and just gave up the ghost - just a big cross across the screen.
I thought that was it, but I ended up sending it to somewhere in Brighton and they sorted it, together with new battery. Cost a few bob, but well worth it :moggy:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

gessa wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:27 pm Sh!t it, had the ipod on shuffle most of the day, then it stopped playing, took a look and clicked the play button on the song it stopped on and it deleted the song from the ipod, went into my library, and any song I click on it is wiping not only that song but most of the album the song is from. WTF!!!
Corrupted files? Maybe try a reset?
gessa

Post by gessa »

faaip wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:20 pm Corrupted files? Maybe try a reset?
Not sure what it was but that's what I've had to do, really slow reloading now though. Doing it an album at a time and having to reload a couple of tracks off each album twice. This will take a while.