If we get to Wembley...

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

If we get to Wembley...

Post by 1964white »

Will the boycotters go :roll:
Bakerjamessteven
First Team
First Team

If we get to Wembley...

Post by Bakerjamessteven »

Of coarse they will, it's what they call hypocrites,
Dr.Leeds
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DoctorLeeds

If we get to Wembley...

Post by Dr.Leeds »

1964white wrote:Will the boycotters go :roll:
Ken gone by then.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Re: If we get to Wembley...

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Doubt he'll still be here come the Brighton game, never mind the League Cup final.
lynchy
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by lynchy »

Bakerjamessteven wrote:Of coarse they will, it's what they call hypocrites,

well said m8 very true
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

Hypocrites they may be but IF we get to Wembley what would you prefer to see, a handful of Leeds fans and loads of empty seats ala Donny or our full allocation taken? :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
Bakerjamessteven
First Team
First Team

If we get to Wembley...

These people do my head in. I haven't stop going and nor have u Angela, which I give you credit ;-)
I almost did a 500 mile round trip to watch that poo on Saturday, but I still keep turning up, that was my 4th game so far this season which I thinks good considering I've been work 7 days and live in Kent. Next deffo game is 22/12 Middlesbrough.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

Can we not have a go at other Leeds fans?!

How people choose to support their club is up to them, far be it from me to tell anyone that they are going about it the wrong way. And yes, I expect some will go but on the other hand if Bates is still in charge I expect many won't. Don’t think they made their decision lightly, but if they feel the money going into the club is being creamed off for the benefit of one person rather than the future of their football club then they have every right to make their feelings known.

The biggest issue whilst Bates has been at the club has not been the dodgy accounts, it’s not been the relegation, it’s the division of fans. A division that bursts out onto the message boards and in the stands. I’ve never seen so many Leeds on Leeds arguments in the Kop. It’s sad really and it will take a while to heal I fear.
Bakerjamessteven
First Team
First Team

If we get to Wembley...

I'm not having a go I'm stating my views and opinions, which I feel strongly about. If fans want to stay away then stay away I hold no grudge, but coming back because we reach wembly is being a hypocrite.
That's how the dictionary explains some one with these ways and views? Just plain English
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

Bakerjamessteven wrote:I'm not having a go I'm stating my views and opinions, which I feel strongly about. If fans want to stay away then stay away I hold no grudge, but coming back because we reach wembly is being a hypocrite.
That's how the dictionary explains some one with these ways and views? Just plain English
As I understand it they stay away from Elland Road so as not to put money in Bates pocket. Many of them stil attend away games. How would going to the cup final make them a hypocrite?
joluafc4eva

Post by joluafc4eva »

Bakerjamessteven wrote:These people do my head in. I haven't stop going and nor have u Angela, which I give you credit ;-)
I almost did a 500 mile round trip to watch that poo on Saturday, but I still keep turning up, that was my 4th game so far this season which I thinks good considering I've been work 7 days and live in Kent. Next deffo game is 22/12 Middlesbrough.
BB lives in Leeds so she is lucky not to have to have the added cost of fuel. Don't quite live 500 miles round trip - its only 200 and although Ive moaned and groaned about performances this season, Dan and I try to get to as many as we can but with him working now at weekends its proving not too easy. So far have been to the Wolves, Hull, Everton, Bolton and the Birmingham game. Not sure when we are gonna make the next game. However, if I lived in or near Leeds I would be there every game. Midweek matches are ok but with it being late when we get home, Im pretty knackered and don't feel so well for the few days afterwards.

I feel terrible now that unless I want to travel up on my own on a Saturday, (which Ive done a couple of times but don't really like it) then I think my days actually at ER are coming to an end.
patlufc
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by patlufc »

joluafc4eva wrote: BB lives in Leeds so she is lucky not to have to have the added cost of fuel. Don't quite live 500 miles round trip - its only 200 and although Ive moaned and groaned about performances this season, Dan and I try to get to as many as we can but with him working now at weekends its proving not too easy. So far have been to the Wolves, Hull, Everton, Bolton and the Birmingham game. Not sure when we are gonna make the next game. However, if I lived in or near Leeds I would be there every game. Midweek matches are ok but with it being late when we get home, Im pretty knackered and don't feel so well for the few days afterwards.

I feel terrible now that unless I want to travel up on my own on a Saturday, (which Ive done a couple of times but don't really like it) then I think my days actually at ER are coming to an end.
Luckily for you, you can get funds to get to games. Don't knock people who live nr and don't go to games because finanes don't allow it. There are many that only come out of the woodwork for wembley finals and never go to an other matches.
EVERYTHINGLEEDS
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

If we get to Wembley...

Post by Gandalf »

In the highly unlikely event that we do get to Wembley, this boycotter will not be going.

What started as a personal stance against Bates, has led to me falling out with football completely.

I doubt I will be back even when Bates has gone.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
joluafc4eva

Post by joluafc4eva »

Gandalf wrote:In the highly unlikely event that we do get to Wembley, this boycotter will not be going.

What started as a personal stance against Bates, has led to me falling out with football completely.

I doubt I will be back even when Bates has gone.
Whats this "we" then - if you no longer support Leeds or football. :duno:
joluafc4eva

Post by joluafc4eva »

patlufc wrote:
Luckily for you, you can get funds to get to games. Don't knock people who live nr and don't go to games because finanes don't allow it. There are many that only come out of the woodwork for wembley finals and never go to an other matches.
Sorry for opening my mouth Pat - I forgot Im not allowed to "knock" BB or anyone - Im obviously MOT's enemy number 1. Clichy or what :roll:

FAO Crude - See what I was on about on Facebook yesterday. :wink:
Wolfetoneleeds
Manager
Manager

If we get to Wembley...

Post by Wolfetoneleeds »

A bit premature this thread..... But if we do happen to get there it will be a sell out no doubt.... A lot of people that never step foot inside elland road or away grounds will make this trip
patlufc
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by patlufc »

joluafc4eva wrote: Sorry for opening my mouth Pat - I forgot Im not allowed to "knock" BB or anyone - Im obviously MOT's enemy number 1. Clichy or what :roll:

FAO Crude - See what I was on about on Facebook yesterday. :wink:
You always single out BB, you went on about her not liking you because she disagreed with you, BB has never said she didn't like you, unlike your post on facebook the last time you left the forum. As for having a drink at meet ups, who the hell are you to judge wether we have a drink or not.
EVERYTHINGLEEDS
joluafc4eva

Post by joluafc4eva »

Im not judging Pat - but you have said Im lucky to have the funds to get to games and knocking people who live in Leeds but don't go to games. The thing is Pat, all I said was BB is lucky to live in Leeds, as are everyone who lives there and don't have to fork out for fuel. You immediately assumed that I was actually knocking her and straight away went in to defend her and then remark that Im lucky to have the funds to attend ER. I bet if it had been anyone else on here, you would never have said that.

Im not saying don't have a drink before the games, feel free to but just don't go on about not being able to afford to go to ER, especially when people live just down the road to it. Pubs rip people off these days with what they charge for drinks. I have to drive to ER so therefore, I couldn't have a drink if I wanted to, but I survive.

No, BB doesn't like me cos Im so pessimistic but of course you will never see it that way - seeing as you two are best buddies. Has she ever told you to STFU in VLR????
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

Can we just keep the personal stuff out of this, thanks.
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

Shields53 wrote:Can we just keep the personal stuff out of this, thanks.
I totally agree Shields. Please note that I haven't said anything. :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.