Celtic going down the pan now?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Celtic going down the pan now?

Post by Twiggster »

Celtic first-team coach Alan Thompson has been dismissed by the club, according to his lawyer.

The former midfielder joined Celtic in June 2010, when he was appointed by manager Neil Lennon alongside assistant boss Johan Mjallby following the sacking of Tony Mowbray.

Thompson is a former Celtic player and a former team-mate of Lennon's.

His lawyer, Margaret Gribbon, of Glasgow-based Bridge Litigation, said in a statement: "I can confirm that I have been instructed to act on behalf of Alan Thompson following his dismissal by Celtic FC.

"Alan was informed of the decision to terminate his employment with immediate effect in a telephone conversation with the club manager Neil Lennon."

Thompson played for the Glasgow club between 2000 and 2007, winning four Scottish Premier League titles and three Scottish Cups.

Nobody from Celtic was immediately available to comment. :roflmao:

I hope they implode now. :tup: They didn't even have the guts to tell him to his face. SCUM. :evil:
Ronan
Manager
Manager

Re: Celtic going down the pan now?

Post by Ronan »

....awaits Mr Gino's reply................... :wink:
Most plagiarists, like the drone, have neither taste to select, industry to acquire, nor skill to improve, but impudently pilfer the honey ready prepared, from the hive......
gessa

Post by gessa »

Twiggster wrote:Celtic first-team coach Alan Thompson has been dismissed by the club, according to his lawyer.

The former midfielder joined Celtic in June 2010, when he was appointed by manager Neil Lennon alongside assistant boss Johan Mjallby following the sacking of Tony Mowbray.

Thompson is a former Celtic player and a former team-mate of Lennon's.

His lawyer, Margaret Gribbon, of Glasgow-based Bridge Litigation, said in a statement: "I can confirm that I have been instructed to act on behalf of Alan Thompson following his dismissal by Celtic FC.

"Alan was informed of the decision to terminate his employment with immediate effect in a telephone conversation with the club manager Neil Lennon."

Thompson played for the Glasgow club between 2000 and 2007, winning four Scottish Premier League titles and three Scottish Cups.

Nobody from Celtic was immediately available to comment. :roflmao:

I hope they implode now. :tup: They didn't even have the guts to tell him to his face. SCUM. :evil:
How does any of the above show they're going down the pan.

And why was this posted on a LEEDS messageboard :duno: :wink:
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gino 1959 »

The news this morning is that Thompson refused to meet with Lennon - whatever that was about - and hence the dismissal had to come in a phone call.

If LUFC was run half as well as Celtic are from a financial point of view, then, there would be fewer unhappy posters on here.
gessa wrote:
How does any of the above show they're going down the pan.
Just an example of Oor Twiggs's anti-Scottish futbae mentality, I think.
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.