grayson out

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
92champs
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Re: grayson out

Post by 92champs »

No and this question should not be posed again until the end of the league season or play-off's, unless we fall into the relegation zone
Naitch
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Naitch »

No.

However, i do feel he is on borrowed time. Bates very rarely sticks with a manager for more than 3 years. He's sacked managers who have been successful as well. Gullit & Vialli won trophies at Chelsea but were bombed out because they didnt win the league. Whilst we are still in the play off's Grayson will keep his job, but if we drop out and hit a bad run, he's gone.

I dont agree with it, but i think it will happen.
Cozy
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Cozy »

We're in with a shout at the moment not propping up the bottom of the division or threatening relegation. :roll:

I find this talk laughable - we've proven time and time and time again that changing managers doesn't necessarily change results and as things stand we're in a tough league where anyone can beat anyone on their day.

Grayson has whilst shown sometimes a tactically niaevity that he's able to select and put together a team that at least works for each other and at least ride through the odd glitch or odd player grumbling which has in the past completely undermined and split the dressing room in comparison to any manager that we've had in the last few years (Grayson, Wise/Poyet, Kevin Blackwell, John Carver)

Grayson's been given a target to hit this season - judge him at the end of it... not half way through the season when any such talk threatens to undermine any chance whether you believe them to be slim or not of putting together a promotion challenge.

Grayson's working with Ken Bates remember - not some oil baron who's happy to sign cheques for millions and millions of pounds - so if we don't sign the quality we need the manager has to do his job with the tools he's provided with which aren't necessarily the premier league abilities that some folk still seem to think we can attract.
Obobby-bobby
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Obobby-bobby »

OP,gtfo.
Armleywhite

grayson out

Post by Armleywhite »

Obobby-bobby wrote:OP,gtfo.
that'll do. No personal abuse please. You might not agree but everyone is entitled to comment on their feelings here.
andywatson
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by andywatson »

No,

I don't think we are even close to asking the question.

I have only ever called for 1 leeds manager to be sacked- Wise- and he should never have been appointed in the first place. In any event I don't think anyone that we could get would do any better with the resources on offer.
Wise.......well lets just say I TOLD YOU SO
mav
First Team
First Team

Post by mav »

No.

Can't see many doing more with what he is given.

the kind of manager that is available free that works with a small budget tend to be a bit gobby for Bates I think.
Every game I predict a 3 - 1 Leeds win, I am traditional like that.
Drs.Dad
Manager
Manager

Post by Drs.Dad »

NO!

:evil:
matt leeds
First Team
First Team

Post by matt leeds »

Ive aready said no.

And stick by that. We are still 5th in the Championship and in my eyes we are over-achieving at that at the moment. How can we even think about sacking our boss when we are in this position?

Still feeling sick at the news about Gary Speed. RIP.
Leeds is in my blood, always will be.

Going Up, Going Up, Leeds are going up, na na na na na na na na
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Armleywhite wrote: that'll do. No personal abuse please. You might not agree but everyone is entitled to comment on their feelings here.

exactly, it's a debate forum, and that is a valid position
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
joelufc20
First Team
First Team

Post by joelufc20 »

i had to google that one
REST IN PEACE GARY SPEED LEEDS UNITED LEGEND

[url}http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/gallery ... n-pictures[/url]
Silky
Manager
Manager

Post by Silky »

We need to either change formation, playing with the extra man in midfield, or we need to replace Clayton or Jonny with a more 'all-round' player...

And if it costs lots of money, then spend it Mr chairman!!!
Side Before Self, Every Time
theleedsmango
First Team
First Team

Post by theleedsmango »

Simple question, simple answer. No.

If you look at the quality available to other teams in our league, and assumed that the team's managers could harness that quality 100%, then its unlikely we would stand a chance against teams like Birmingham, like West Ham, Cardiff, Leicester etc.

I'm not saying our players aren't 'quality players', but just by comparing the squad depths on paper, you'll see ours won't stack up to the rest.

And therefore you can conclude one of two things. Either; Grayson has done a fine job with getting Leeds to where they are now (i.e. a place where they can look to push for playoffs/promotion); OR despite Grayson's tactics and input, they players are dragging out the results. For the latter case, if our players are good to pull a result from Leicester and WH, then they should get something from Barnsley??

There are some things that need improvement around Leeds... the complacency they begin with on most matches for example. Trying to weed out the silly defensive mistakes, another. But look at the teams around us, they are having their own problems too. Thankfully, on our part. So yes, Grayson does have to up his game, but you tell me which manager, in the whole of the football league, doesn't??
"Please understand that the theory that every Leeds discussion converges to a finite, but uninformed, debate on the Chairman is one we must all question and actively counter" - Stephen Hawkings
PaulUSA
First Team
First Team

Post by PaulUSA »

No...too soon to give up on him. However, the current situation bears some close watching.

After the triple whammy of the Blackpool massacre, the very odd O'Brien departure request, and the incredibly lame performance on Saturday, we have to open our minds to the possibility that Simon's motivational tactics, game strategies, and general leadership aren't resonating the way they should.

It was very disappointing to see us playing so flat against a low end team in our backyard. We're not always going to see the team at it's best, but I scratch my head when our performances show little passion or determination. As supporters, we've come to expect a fighting spirit. When we see less, it's hard to take. Hopefully, we see a more inspired effort against Forest on Tuesday - another chance for Simon to show his stuff.
Helplessly hoping
MeeTa
Manager
Manager
Twitter: @EirikOstrem

Post by MeeTa »

YES
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

No
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

No, would like to see a quality signing in the coaching team though.
revie-era
First Team
First Team

Post by revie-era »

joelufc20 wrote:Souness would be my top choice. Instill some discipline and work rate into the players. Proven track record with mediocre teams.
One of the last people I'd want here, a known bully boy with no great record from where I sit.
MeeTa
Manager
Manager
Twitter: @EirikOstrem

Post by MeeTa »

Reckon we should get Flo back, scored two goals yesterday against the noggie champions. what a class player :wink:
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

Shields53 wrote:No, would like to see a quality signing in the coaching team though.
(X2) :thup: