Twiggs view on howson

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
normangunston
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Twiggs view on howson

Post by normangunston »

I thought Howson did okay last night. Him and Johnson were overrun first half but came into the game more and more. A few ambitious passes didn't quite come off, but I'm willing to forgive him. He's having to play more of a holding role now after excelling in a more advanced role and I think he's growing into it.
joelufc20
First Team
First Team

Post by joelufc20 »

Think they are missing Kilkenny
REST IN PEACE GARY SPEED LEEDS UNITED LEGEND

[url}http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/gallery ... n-pictures[/url]
LUFCRACE
Manager
Manager
Twitter: lufcrace

Post by LUFCRACE »

radebe88 wrote:
your spot on. but we was always goin to get overrun against them. thats what they do to teams
I agree. I don't think Howson had a bad game last night, I think most of our players had an ok game, apart from Max and Kasper who were both outstanding. Which was the difference between the replay and the original tie, when everyone was outstanding, as is needed if a newly promoted league one team is going to get a result against a champions league side.
BRING BACK BRADDERS

International English and maths study programmes for children of all ages and abilities. Give us a shout if you think your child could benefit.
www.facebook.com/KumonWakefieldNorth
AC@LUFC
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by AC@LUFC »

Think twiggs talks s**t. Especially sayin all that from watchin on tv and mostly highlights.
Think he just likes complaining really don't know what some ppl
Want. Moning about last night against arsenal think ppl need to get
Real, and remember we have only just come frm league one.
It is not the 70s any more twiggs.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

AC@LUFC wrote:Think twiggs talks crap. Especially sayin all that from watchin on tv and mostly highlights.
You seem to have misplaced these...

ggeoeaeoeo

:wink:
revieboy
First Team
First Team
Location: town full of Leeds fans just a town full of leeds fans

Post by revieboy »

You don't get it, Twiggs is being stubborn. He calls him captain invisible.

Twiggs isn't going to start praising jonny now.

Secretly he admires the player.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

revieboy wrote:You don't get it, Twiggs is being stubborn. He calls him captain invisible.

Twiggs isn't going to start praising jonny now.

Secretly he admires the player.

may I suggest "typical intransigent Yorkshireman" :sing: ....ok I think it's a :red: for me :roll:
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Dr.Leeds
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DoctorLeeds

Post by Dr.Leeds »

It's a shame. Just when Twiggs was starting to say nice things about our Jonny on GGL he goes and has an average game up against an international premiership midfield...

Sooooo close Jonny...sooooooooooo close..........
LUFCRACE
Manager
Manager

Post by LUFCRACE »

AC@LUFC wrote:Think twiggs talks crap. Especially sayin all that from watchin on tv and mostly highlights.
I think you need to learn that just because you're starting a new line (albeit completely unnecessarily), you don't need a capital letter in the middle of a sentence. :wink: :lol:
BRING BACK BRADDERS

International English and maths study programmes for children of all ages and abilities. Give us a shout if you think your child could benefit.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

LUFCRACE wrote: I think you need to learn that just because you're starting a new line (albeit completely unnecessarily), you don't need a capital letter in the middle of a sentence. :wink: :lol:

S'funny
Isn't
It
Last edited by The Subhuman on Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

....or he's a poet
LUFCRACE
Manager
Manager

Post by LUFCRACE »

faaip wrote:
S'funny
Isn't
it
funny weird yes.

even poets can write in prose some times
BRING BACK BRADDERS

AC@LUFC
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by AC@LUFC »

Hahaha sorry boys I'll up my game. I'm on my I phone and keep pressing return for some reason and it does capitals on its owm missing letters is just lazy I know! Ill sort it out.
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

Dr.Leeds wrote:It's a shame. Just when Twiggs was starting to say nice things about our Jonny on GGL he goes and has an average game up against an international premiership midfield...

Sooooo close Jonny...sooooooooooo close..........
It will mean so much more though when he does admit his love for Howson :luv: Personally I think he has a crush on Howson and is trying to hide it with pretending to think hes crap, we all know he has a Johnny Howson poster hanging over his bed!
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
billie1
First Team
First Team

Post by billie1 »

I thought a forum was about expressing opinions in which case everyone is entitled to theirs . I think phrases such as " no nothing about football " etc just don't have a place on here . It's not as though the opinion on Howson hasn't been qualified with reasons . I've never been on WACCOE but is this the sort of thread that regularly appears on there ? For me some of the posts make uncomfortable reading . Just my opinion .
MeeTa
Manager
Manager
Twitter: @EirikOstrem

Post by MeeTa »

billie1 wrote:I thought a forum was about expressing opinions in which case everyone is entitled to theirs . I think phrases such as " no nothing about football " etc just don't have a place on here . It's not as though the opinion on Howson hasn't been qualified with reasons . I've never been on WACCOE but is this the sort of thread that regularly appears on there ? For me some of the posts make uncomfortable reading . Just my opinion .

fully agreed
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

billie1 wrote:I thought a forum was about expressing opinions in which case everyone is entitled to theirs . I think phrases such as " no nothing about football " etc just don't have a place on here . It's not as though the opinion on Howson hasn't been qualified with reasons . I've never been on WACCOE but is this the sort of thread that regularly appears on there ? For me some of the posts make uncomfortable reading . Just my opinion .
Twiggs is a big boy he can handle it.

You are correct though, forums are about having and sharing your own views, they are also about debating those views which is what is happening here. In the past Howson has had a habit of going missing and thats Twiggs main bone of contention with him, the fact is recently Howson has stepped up to the mark and I thought he put in a fairly decent shift against one of the countries best midfields. It's as though the criticism of Howson is blinkered now and all we want to do is encourage Twiggs to think of Howson of the great young, much improved, getting better all the time, Leeds through and through player that he is.
joelufc20
First Team
First Team

Post by joelufc20 »

You have all got to remember that Twiggs worships Paynter McCormack and Nunez who from what ive seen have contributed very little to our season so far. Howson has come on leaps and bounds this year although i feel he plays better with Kilkenny supplying him the KILLA ball.
REST IN PEACE GARY SPEED LEEDS UNITED LEGEND

[url}http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/gallery ... n-pictures[/url]
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

joelufc20 wrote:You have all got to remember that Twiggs worships Paynter McCormack and Nunez who from what ive seen have contributed very little to our season so far. Howson has come on leaps and bounds this year although i feel he plays better with Kilkenny supplying him the KILLA ball.
I worship nobody, you Becchio knob stroker! :lol:

I just do NOT see Howson as owt special. Decent player who has indeed improved this season. I would hope any player would, after being so long at Leeds and with Grayson's managerial skills.

Yes, he turns up occasionally with a goal or two, or a wonder pass (usually at just the right time)...but he has left it very late in his career to try and become a 90 minute player.

How Simon sees him good enough to be our Captain is baffling - possibly because Howson is from a village near Leeds?
He shows little all round leadership, is soft in the tackle and still goes missing for long periods in games.

As Billie kindly said above - these are MY opinions...
And to Shieldsy - JH HAS shown a marked improvement this season - but only when Killa has played alongside him! :P

YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

Twiggster wrote:And to Shieldsy - JH HAS shown a marked improvement this season - but only when Killa has played alongside him! :P
Yeah, Howson does make Killa look s**t! :wink:

I'm joking of course, not getting involved in the whole Howson v Killa debate.