Time for change

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
joelufc20
First Team
First Team

Time for change

Post by joelufc20 »

Simon Grayson has failed now. We need a manager who can address the fundamentals of defence. So I never thought I'd say this about Simon a man who I admire but here goes

Fuckoff out of my team take your s**t defence and don't come back. You are tactically naive and you fail to get a performance out of the players. No more excuses good bye Grayson naylor Connolly Bruce Collins McCartney bessone
REST IN PEACE GARY SPEED LEEDS UNITED LEGEND

[url}http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/gallery ... n-pictures[/url]
Toby
First Team
First Team

Re: Time for change

Post by Toby »

On to the next one!

MOT
Last edited by Toby on Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
joluafc4eva

Post by joluafc4eva »

Im praying I get a text from the O/S saying Grayson has been sacked tomorrow.

Next 5 games, Scunthorpe (A), Coventry (A), Hull City (H) Bristol Rovers (H) and Norwich (A) :cry:
jim052
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by jim052 »

I wached the Lecister game at ER and saw the boro and cardiff game on TV, the way we play football and the way the rest of the championship plays football makes me think, are we ready for the championship.
It will take something special to pull us out this mess, sacking Grayson may knock the confidence from an already under achieving team

It's not just the defence its the way we attack, pass, move, communicate, everything
When the best things are not possible, the best may be made of those that are!

http://www.youtube.com/user/jim3052
LUFCRACE
Manager
Manager
Twitter: lufcrace

Post by LUFCRACE »

it really ISN'T you know.
BRING BACK BRADDERS

International English and maths study programmes for children of all ages and abilities. Give us a shout if you think your child could benefit.
www.facebook.com/KumonWakefieldNorth
joluafc4eva

Post by joluafc4eva »

Well if tonights performance hasnt knocked the confidence from the team nothing will. Cant go on like this and I think Grayson is out of his depth here.
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @MartynStead

Post by Martyn »

Get a grip.

Let's face facts:

1. Cardiff are a far better team than we are, they've got better players and they've been together longer.
2. The first goal was a horrible blunder by 2 players - Schmeichel and Bruce - who for a variety of reasons have hardly played together yet and it was a clear lack of communication - the sort of communication that comes from playing together regularly.
3. Bothroyd should have been sent of for that disgusting over the top attack on Becchio, but the referee didn't even give a foul.
4. At half time, the teams were evenly matched, save for that one horrible bit of Kasper/Bruce defending.
5. The killer second goal should never have stood, Chopra was a yard offside at least when the ball was played to him.
6. Third goal - crap defending, but scored by a man who should have been sent off in the first half.
7. Fourth goal - nothing to say, a cracking strike.

I expected us to lose, and we lost. No surprises there.

On to the next game now.
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
our lass
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by our lass »

I agree wholeheartedly with Guilford White. What would we achieve by sacking Grayson? Who would we get next? Can't we just accept this as the learning curve that it is?
We're Leeds United - We rule supreme
gnscloz
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by gnscloz »

Guildford White wrote:Get a grip.

Let's face facts:

1. Cardiff are a far better team than we are, they've got better players and they've been together longer.
2. The first goal was a horrible blunder by 2 players - Schmeichel and Bruce - who for a variety of reasons have hardly played together yet and it was a clear lack of communication - the sort of communication that comes from playing together regularly.
3. Bothroyd should have been sent of for that disgusting over the top attack on Becchio, but the referee didn't even give a foul.
4. At half time, the teams were evenly matched, save for that one horrible bit of Kasper/Bruce defending.
5. The killer second goal should never have stood, Chopra was a yard offside at least when the ball was played to him.
6. Third goal - crap defending, but scored by a man who should have been sent off in the first half.

On to the next game now.

at last some one with a decent post
Dr.Leeds
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DoctorLeeds

Post by Dr.Leeds »

LUFCRACE wrote:it really ISN'T you know.
No it isn't. A panic dismissal now and our stability that we have fought for for the past 3 or 4 years is gone.

The next 5 games are all winnable. Get our confidence back and we may see a different Leeds out there.

A schoolboy error, a bad decision and loss of heart turned a worthy defeat against a string side into ab embarrassment. By Christ there is work to do but we can't afford to capsize the boat.
Emsley
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Emsley »

Tonight was bullshit I saw a leeds team out there tonight, pitty somma decided to do a big gay twirling session!
WE''RE LEEDS UNITED, WE''LL NEVER BE DEFEATED!

Paul Green was warnobs best signing.
If you disagree please send me a PM so we can get in to a fight.
joluafc4eva

Post by joluafc4eva »

our lass wrote:I agree wholeheartedly with Guilford White. What would we achieve by sacking Grayson? Who would we get next? Can't we just accept this as the learning curve that it is?
And going by our last few games, what are we gonna get from keeping him on.

12 goals conceded in our last 3 home games.
reidyboy
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by reidyboy »

Sack the manager? Are you having a laugh, what the hell would that achieve? We were outplayed tonight, no question, but to be perfectly honest we weren't totally outplayed - scoreline was flattering to Cardiff in my opinion. Player for player they were probably 10% better, and on the night that was enough. One thing we do lack is a bit of creativity - we were lacking ideas, and didn't make up for it with verve and pace until Max and Ramon came on. Obviously the defence needs sorting too - time for Simon and Glyn to stand up and show their coaching skills.

Didn't we all know that this season would be a struggle? Keep the faith people - by all means start panicking after half the season has gone if you want, but before the end of October? Please!
Are you feeling lucky? Well, are you?
billie1
First Team
First Team

Post by billie1 »

Steep learning curve . A young manager learning his trade . Love these cliches . 5 at Barnsley , 6 at home to Preston and 4 tonight . The pupil is obviously a dunce .
CardiffWhite
First Team
First Team

Post by CardiffWhite »

Before the game I was thinking 5-1 or 5-2 perhaps. Not surprised. Although we did play better in the first-half than I thought we would, excepting their first goal of course.

Cardiff have a very good side. They are very well established in the championship and have been near the top for several seasons running. What's held them back in past years is injuries in the 2nd half of the season. If they can get a bit of luck and hold off the injuries then they will probably get the promotion they have been after. Mind you, that's what they think every year. :wink:

Should we sack Grayson? Not in my opinion. He's done a lot for this club and his heart is in the right place. I think we'll see him improve on his weaknesses. I think he is trying his best with limited resources. So far we have not had enough to invest in players. Yes, you can do a Blackpool if you are very lucky, but it is not the usual path. We have some players who can play well, but not enough that can do it consistently and there's the difference. I think we'll see plenty of losses but scrap through it and avoid relegation. To get any further than that, this club is going to need some investment. We currently don't have the money to buy the talent we need to reach the heights we expect.
Last edited by CardiffWhite on Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
joelufc20
First Team
First Team

Post by joelufc20 »

Sorry all you non football knowledge people out there but this gies way back to Exeter last season. Teams were ripping us to bits Swindon Southampton Norwich millwall. All the time it was bad defending and long ball. The reason why we are poor this year is our inability to keep possession for more than 30 seconds so for me Simon Grayson has to go. Sh1t defending sh1t tactics sh1t passing. Simon lives the club but has no idea how to set up a team to defend or close down or retain possession. There is no spirit or motivation or ideas from the players. If it isn't sorted now then league 1 here we come and I for one will not part with any of my hard earned money to watch them. Not good enough

Frusciante Is God
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Frusciante Is God »

Id keep Grayson!

He needs to rectify the defense, if he doesnt he will get sacked. 2 wins and we can easily find ourselves in the top 10. However a couple more losses we can find ourselves in the relegation zone. Not much room for error.

Its just to concede as many goals as we are, and have been (5-6 clean sheets in last 38 games. Is woeful at any standard of football) is really worrying, Because without some sort of change or formation you cant see it changing.
My last.Fm

Pretty Much Invisible.......
wakey^white
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by wakey^white »

i would be really happy to see the end of the long diagnol ball up the touchline toward BJ . i think it even pissed off kasper as he went long down the middle a couple of times. what a crap tactic. someone said to me....yes but its an outlet!! an outlet to what??? im bemused.

MOT we are staying up!!!
joelufc20
First Team
First Team

Post by joelufc20 »

Simon only knows 1 system and that us long ball and t doesn't work for our players. We look a bag of shite and our possession stats showed this tonight. Simon is a f@uckwit when it comes to tactical nouse. Against Ipswich he said I'll use the system we used against spurs well spurs was 8 months ago and it didn't really work then. The guy is an idiot of the highest order. A manager who's results read 5-2 6-4 and4-0 knows nothing about defending

scuudz
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by scuudz »

Guildford White wrote:Get a grip.

Let's face facts:

On to the next game now.
Great post!!

Fortunately or unfortunately, I only got to watch the first half of this match as I had to go back to work after lunch. From my perspective, we did a pretty good job in the first half. We kept the ball well and had some decent pressure applied on them, winning back to back corners etc.....and YES, I thought we defended decently too. Bellamy and Burke had a couple of good runs down the flanks, but we had some good plays into their area too with Snods, Somma, BJ and JH troubling them at times. Being as unbiased as I could be, 0-0 would have been a more honest score at HT.

You hit the nail on the head with regards to the first goal, which goes back to what I've been saying about stability. Bruce has been arguably our best defender this season, and KS has definitely been the best man in goal, but look what can happen with a lack of understanding.

I cannot believe Bothroyd didnt even get a booking for his studs up challenge on Becchio.

Hopefully, we can keep this 11 playing together as much as possible now. Now is NOT the time to make any drastic changes, unless we want to feel like Boro at the end of the year.