Supporting Leeds United (Welcome & Introductions)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Bennyfishel
Ballboy
Ballboy

Re: Supporting Leeds

Post by Bennyfishel »

All you guys are novices at longevity as far as Leeds support goes,,,,many many years ago I was banned from this forum (under another name) for insulting Twiggster (who I think still writes a load of crap on here) so I lost any desire to contribute on this forum, I still follow LU even though I have lived in the best country in the world without doubt for 50 years (oy oy oy.) I will just remind some of you juniors of 60 or 70 years old I saw my first match at Elland road against Sunderland in 1937, I still recall Willis Edwards & one of the Milburn brothers even though I was 7 years old. I will say goodbye now as I expect Twiggster will complain about me and demand my expulsion again.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Twiggs is long gone (The "Twappening" killed him off here and waccoe,) so you're safe to post if you feel like it. I think he's exiled to facebook now.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Bennyfishel wrote:All you guys are novices at longevity as far as Leeds support goes,,,,many many years ago I was banned from this forum (under another name) for insulting Twiggster (who I think still writes a load of crap on here) so I lost any desire to contribute on this forum, I still follow LU even though I have lived in the best country in the world without doubt for 50 years (oy oy oy.) I will just remind some of you juniors of 60 or 70 years old I saw my first match at Elland road against Sunderland in 1937, I still recall Willis Edwards & one of the Milburn brothers even though I was 7 years old. I will say goodbye now as I expect Twiggster will complain about me and demand my expulsion again.
Good to see you posting again after a few months absence Benny

Twiggs hasn't posted on MOT for years

May I ask what username did you use to post under ?
Hearts & Leeds
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Hearts & Leeds »

angusweir wrote:Supported Leeds since 69 (when I was 6).
Born and brought up in the New Forest (between Southampton and Bournemouth), with no car in the family and terrible public transport.
My dad (from Edinburgh) was a mad footy fan (followed Heart home and away before moving down south) so we always watched football on the TV and played in the street. The only team I could follow closely was Leeds (who because of the scottish players were always featured in my dad's scottish paper).
It was Leeds - is Leeds - and will always be Leeds.
I chose my university (york) so I could get to games and have frequently held a season ticket. It's in the blood now, for better or worse - mostly better this season (fingers crossed).

Your dad sounds a good lad. Hearts and Leeds in your family. 8-) :tup:
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

1964white wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:13 pm Good to see you posting again after a few months absence Benny

Twiggs hasn't posted on MOT for years

May I ask what username did you use to post under ?
Wiljoy I'd have thought...
Richard
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Twitter: @northantsmanvan

Post by Richard »

Evening all, supported Leeds since around 72 when I was a 5 year old, despite living in the East Midlands. I haven't seen them much at home in the last ten years, mainly financial reasons but I get to see them away a few times. It will be interesting to get to know who the characters are over here, I see you have Clive, does he still go on and on and on about Grayson ;)
hector

Post by hector »

Hello Richard Welcome, Clive is relatively new here, but I suspect he could pick an argument in an empty room....... :)
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
Richard
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Richard »

Hi Hector thank you for the welcome. Clive got banned from my last forum, he makes some great points inbetween the constant complaining about managers mainly Grayson. I haven't noticed an ignore function for this forum ;)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Richard wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:24 pm Evening all, supported Leeds since around 72 when I was a 5 year old, despite living in the East Midlands. I haven't seen them much at home in the last ten years, mainly financial reasons but I get to see them away a few times. It will be interesting to get to know who the characters are over here, I see you have Clive, does he still go on and on and on about Grayson ;)
He certainly does although I wasn't a big fan of Grayson too, he is a good L1 manager

Welcome to MOT Richard

Which forum have you come from ?
Richard
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Richard »

1964white wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:07 pm He certainly does although I wasn't a big fan of Grayson too, he is a good L1 manager

Welcome to MOT Richard

Which forum have you come from ?
I’ve been a member and still am of not606 for a long time but too many good debates get lost in the banter that swamps the place. Thought I’d search around for somewhere new and the discussion here looks decent :tup:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Richard wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:39 am I’ve been a member and still am of not606 for a long time but too many good debates get lost in the banter that swamps the place. Thought I’d search around for somewhere new and the discussion here looks decent :tup:
So I guess you are talking about Chippy/Glory although he seems to be posting again ?

You're right Richard many of their topics turn into nonsense nevertheless there appears to be some good posters on there

Are there anymore Not606 members on MOT ?
Richard
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Richard »

1964white wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:33 pm So I guess you are talking about Chippy/Glory although he seems to be posting again ?

You're right Richard many of their topics turn into nonsense nevertheless there appears to be some good posters on there

Are there anymore Not606 members on MOT ?
Did you used to be a member on there as well or do you still post?

Loads of good posters and I'll still visit there, I just can't be bothered with some of the nonsense that goes on.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Richard wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:09 pm Did you used to be a member on there as well or do you still post?

Loads of good posters and I'll still visit there, I just can't be bothered with some of the nonsense that goes on.
I'm logged as a member but some strange reason the site doesn't allow me to post. Sent an e.mail in an effort to resolve the problem, didn't receive a reply so I just read Richard, as you say much of their topics go off on a tangent & is often tedious to read
Richard
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Richard »

If you want me to mention it to one of the mods I can do. The entire place has two “Supermods” who oversee everything. Each sub forum like the Leeds one has it’s own set of mods. Glory was banned for a day by the supermods and he has a core following who kicked off so they allowed him back, well that and some disagreements between forum and site admins/mods.
Last edited by Richard on Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Richard wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:01 pm If you want me to mention it to one of the mods I can do. The entire place has two “Supermods” who oversea everything. Each sub forum like the Leeds one has it’s own set of mods. Glory was banned for a day by the supermods and he has a core following who kicked off so they allowed him back. Typing it and trying to explain it and I can see why you’re probably going to say don’t bother 😉
Yes that would very kind of you Richard. The mods will have all my details & I believe I'm a official member....I just can't make any posts
Richard
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Richard »

1964white wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:58 pm Yes that would very kind of you Richard. The mods will have all my details & I believe I'm a official member....I just can't make any posts
Same nick as here?
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Richard wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:04 pm Same nick as here?
Yes mate
Richard
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Richard »

1964white wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:07 pmYes mate
Done :tup:
Richard
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Richard »

Bucks said he can’t see you on the system, doesn’t believe the registration went through. He is asking a supermod to have a look
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Richard wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:25 pm Bucks said he can’t see you on the system, doesn’t believe the registration went through. He is asking a supermod to have a look
Cheers Richard :tup: