The Visual/Music Discussion Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: O/T The Music Discussion Thread

Post by The Subhuman »

white.riot wrote:I doubt 64 is still around but given his purchase of Millie's entire back catalogue from a Welsh pound shop this would no doubt tickle his fancy:

she does have a sublime voice, I wouldn't have bee able to resist either. isn't there a symphony? :roll:
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote:
she does have a sublime voice, I wouldn't have bee able to resist either. isn't there a symphony? :roll:
The MOT soul appreciation club is swelling all of a sudden with the presence of Millie Jackson

Twiggs approves (a rarity), Revie is interested, the Philly king finds her irresistable too & WR & i have always been a sucker for a soulful voice :rasta:

Whatever next eh :?:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Not bad

neither is the video

courtesy: jamieT
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gino 1959 »

Been catching up by dipping my toes in the water of everything posted here. Audience was the only thing that I liked. I cannot really say why, just as I cannot say why I did not like the other stuff. I guess there is either a 'connection' or not - whatever that might mean. However, I will perservere as I have discovered a few new artists/bands on this thread that I probably would not have done otherwise.

I try not to be rigid in my tastes, though like everyone else I have my faves. I give everything a chance else how else am I going to find something new to thrill me or encourage me to revisit the past.

Today - The Doors - because I never really gave them a chance before, but I read a big article on them in Classic Rock mag and thought "let's try again."

Also (because someone said have a listen to this):

Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
white.riot

Post by white.riot »

Thought I'd save you a job 64 - everybody needs Purple Rain and Sign Of The Times :wink:

Love The Doors Gino
white.riot

Post by white.riot »

faaip wrote:Not bad

neither is the video

courtesy: jamieT
0.25 Howson, ball of the season in any league. Job done - for me faaip the music is in the way of the wall of sound that was a Sunday afternoon out in Manchester. There are folk around who unbelievably think the FA Cup was a 'distraction'. One of the finest moments of my sporting life. Almost every pivotal moment in 2009/10 involved Howson - true story! I imagine he bleeds LUFC as well.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

white.riot wrote:Thought I'd save you a job 64 - everybody needs Purple Rain and Sign Of The Times :wink:

Love The Doors Gino
Cheers WR

Also love the Doors too :!:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

white.riot wrote: 0.25 Howson, ball of the season in any league. Job done - for me faaip the music is in the way of the wall of sound that was a Sunday afternoon out in Manchester. There are folk around who unbelievably think the FA Cup was a 'distraction'. One of the finest moments of my sporting life. Almost every pivotal moment in 2009/10 involved Howson - true story! I imagine he bleeds LUFC as well.
Funny enough the goalscorer often got berated by some fans, so crap he nows plays in the Premiership :!:

One of the great days of my life, plenty of nail biting & tension in the last 10 minutes when the realisation kicked in that we could actually win the game :scarf1:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Time to post another playlist especially as it is so good

Prince - 2010... one of the best of 2010

Stevie Wonder - Talking Book... an absolute stunner

Toots & The Maytals - Reggae Greats... had to dig this one out after WR's Holmfirth gig

Millie Jackson - Still Caught Up... a soul classic

Chaka Khan - C.K.

And to come

The Stooges - Fun House

Millie Jackson - It Hurts So Good

Good job i rise early on a morning, my musical day began at 7.30am :-D
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gino 1959 »

New to me this afternoon from some recommendations:

These are the ones that I liked :-D
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Loved Killing joke - brighter than a thousand suns and the album with Love like blood are the only two I own though

nudges and Pushes today include

for GW - Soft Machine - Live at the Henie Onstadt Art Centre 1971
for WR (but he'll know) new Los Lobos album coming very soon
Kilimanjaro A Teardrop Explodes reissue with three discs no less
Patsy Clyne Decca Remasters 60-63
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

Twiggster wrote: Would someone be so kind as to send me the Gabriel shaking the tree as a download pls? Thanks. 8-)
I don't have the actual album, but I do have all of the tracks. They may be at different bitrates and have different tags etc.

So, try right-clicking on the link below, and Save As (or Save Target, or whatever it is your browser uses) to your hard drive. Let me know if it works, and if so, I will add the other tracks.

http://www.claryanweb.net/music/PG/01%2 ... 20Hill.mp3
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

white.riot

Post by white.riot »

faaip wrote:Loved Killing joke - brighter than a thousand suns and the album with Love like blood are the only two I own though

nudges and Pushes today include

for GW - Soft Machine - Live at the Henie Onstadt Art Centre 1971
for WR (but he'll know) new Los Lobos album coming very soon
Kilimanjaro A Teardrop Explodes reissue with three discs no less
Patsy Clyne Decca Remasters 60-63
4 out of 4 there faaip - your first 100% to my recollection. A wonder moment :wink:

Cline is the finest of the country gals; Lobos are just Lobos and anything by the Softs is worth a listen. Anyway mate it's my wedding anniversary on Friday. If you see mrs riot tell her the triple Cope would be ideal. Cope another of my heroes. What a great album Kili is. Still got my vinyl but would love all the add ons. Anybody who wants to hear full on, no messing white boy rock should give the Citizen Cain'd album a whirl. Marvellous stuff from a much under rated artiste. Cope - love him.

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

white.riot wrote: 4 out of 4 there faaip - your first 100% to my recollection. A wonder moment :wink:

Cline is the finest of the country gals; Lobos are just Lobos and anything by the Softs is worth a listen. Anyway mate it's my wedding anniversary on Friday. If you see mrs riot tell her the triple Cope would be ideal. Cope another of my heroes. What a great album Kili is. Still got my vinyl but would love all the add ons. Anybody who wants to hear full on, no messing white boy rock should give the Citizen Cain'd album a whirl. Marvellous stuff from a much under rated artiste. Cope - love him.

Wyatt and Co's album seems to be well received and I'm not with the in crowd los lobos bunch yet :wink:
The Clyne interests me and if I see it in the shop may part with my hard earned , C&W at it's finest, or should that be Americana? (what a horrible term that is)
I'm not gonna pass up one of my favorite albums of the period, and having just forked out for the Mansun three discer I'm gonna have to add another :pig:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

anyway ..don't fake the funk

revie-era
First Team
First Team

Post by revie-era »

Gandalf wrote: I don't have the actual album, but I do have all of the tracks. They may be at different bitrates and have different tags etc.

So, try right-clicking on the link below, and Save As (or Save Target, or whatever it is your browser uses) to your hard drive. Let me know if it works, and if so, I will add the other tracks.

http://www.claryanweb.net/music/PG/01%2 ... 20Hill.mp3
Works for me, mate
Bring Gabriel to the masses
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

Many thanks for that, Gandy!!! I shall have a skeg after the footy this eve. 8-)

Edit: just opened it - quality is perfect, but only just over a minute long? Was this just a test sample?

Telepres
First Team
First Team

Post by Telepres »

Nice to have Gabriel bouncing about. Genius. Have come across a couple of his tracks as individual samples. The small details that build his songs are incredible.