Other fans forum opinions

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Other fans forum opinions

Post by whiteswan »

SaraM wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:14 am It's so misconstrued you've got to see the funny side... haven't you?

What other fans see as 'arrogance' is surely just the passion and commitment that they don't have. It's jealousy.

Yes, they took the po faced moral high ground over spygate, with the whole media fawning over fat Frank, and yes, they beat us in the semi final, and yes, we're still taking the piss out of them.

I see all the negative attention as a compliment, honestly.
Just ignore me Sara. I'm still grumpy about our massive screw ups at the end of the season. We became a laughing stock and I don't relate to that well. I've put up with it for years and I'm sick and tired of it now.....certainly didn't mean to diss your post.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:42 pm Just ignore me Sara. I'm still grumpy about our massive screw ups at the end of the season. We became a laughing stock and I don't relate to that well. I've put up with it for years and I'm sick and tired of it now.....certainly didn't mean to diss your post.
You need to get over it for your own sanity my dear Swannie

Believe me I know how you feel, watching our catastrophic demise over the last few months was so disappointing & frustrating to say the least.

Dust yourself down, give Zach a cuddle & feel good again.....life goes on
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

whiteswan wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:42 pm Just ignore me Sara. I'm still grumpy about our massive screw ups at the end of the season. We became a laughing stock and I don't relate to that well. I've put up with it for years and I'm sick and tired of it now.....certainly didn't mean to diss your post.
It was the Easter results that did if for me. We clearly didn't deserve to go up.

I don't feel that we are a laughing stock at all though. We overachieved for much of the season, playing brilliant football. Our support was incredible, second to none. We ridiculed Lampard and Derby for their pomposity and hypocrisy, and we beat them three times and finished three places above them. They didn't go up, so their celebrations in the semifinal now look completely tinpot. Beating us once really was their cup final.

More importantly, we have retained the best manager in the league, and he has a whole summer to strengthen for next season. We are looking to get investment, and although I'm not happy with the source, it shows the intent is there from the club, and it shows that we're back on the map as an attractive purchase for someone looking to create a successful premier league club.

Whatever else Radrizzani may have failed to, he has put us back in the spotlight by hiring Bielsa, and given the club much needed stability. I think the only way from there is upwards. Clubs who are laughing at us now better make the most of it, because they don't have a fraction of the appeal of Leeds United to be a big name once again.

There is potentially so much to look forward to. Reasons to be cheerful! At the very least, I'm just looking forward to seeing more of Bielsa's football next season.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

SaraM wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:01 pm It was the Easter results that did if for me. We clearly didn't deserve to go up.

I don't feel that we are a laughing stock at all though. We overachieved for much of the season, playing brilliant football. Our support was incredible, second to none. We ridiculed Lampard and Derby for their pomposity and hypocrisy, and we beat them three times and finished three places above them. They didn't go up, so their celebrations in the semifinal now look completely tinpot. Beating us once really was their cup final.

More importantly, we have retained the best manager in the league, and he has a whole summer to strengthen for next season. We are looking to get investment, and although I'm not happy with the source, it shows the intent is there from the club, and it shows that we're back on the map as an attractive purchase for someone looking to create a successful premier league club.

Whatever else Radrizzani may have failed to, he has put us back in the spotlight by hiring Bielsa, and given the club much needed stability. I think the only way from there is upwards. Clubs who are laughing at us now better make the most of it, because they don't have a fraction of the appeal of Leeds United to be a big name once again.

There is potentially so much to look forward to. Reasons to be cheerful! At the very least, I'm just looking forward to seeing more of Bielsa's football next season.
I don't care for reading other forums, but just going on to twitter and seeing the likes of Swansea and Hull Tigers fans regularly taunting us, when neither has a manager and both are skint. Little do these clubs know we are in the strongest position of everyone in the league this year. 8-)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

Cheers mate, enjoy these.
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

"I'd rather take a Stanley knife to my c**k then shower it in TCP than have anything to to with this match"

Still pissing myself at that...
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Is anyone asking questions on opposition forums before games this season?

Wondered if we could make a news article/feature out of it.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

mothbanquet wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:01 pm "I'd rather take a Stanley knife to my c**k then shower it in TCP than have anything to to with this match"

Still pissing myself at that...
Made me smile too!

That would be a painful experience :lol:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:07 pm Is anyone asking questions on opposition forums before games this season?

Wondered if we could make a news article/feature out of it.
Personally probably not, at least not often.

Very time consuming on the busier forums and only so often you can answer the same questions before you get fed up :lol:

And being reminded of last seasons collapse would depress me :lol:

Occasionally maybe but not enough for an article.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

Cjay wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:29 pm Personally probably not, at least not often.

Very time consuming on the busier forums and only so often you can answer the same questions before you get fed up :lol:

And being reminded of last seasons collapse would depress me :lol:

Occasionally maybe but not enough for an article.
You carried the gospel to some dark unchartered lands admirably :lol:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Captain Pontus

Majority Bees fans very happy with their leader

Pages 19 & 20

https://www.griffinpark.org/forums/show ... p?t=132192

"A proper leader - loved it when the ref gave a dubious foul against us , Pontus was fuming and shouting at him , nice to see a Brentford player not accept rubbish calls"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

That really isn't a good thing, abusing refs.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

faaip wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:28 am That really isn't a good thing, abusing refs.
Should be a booking.

I'd like them to bring in the rugby rule of only captains speaking to the referees (I know Pontus was captain, but still). Makes it easy to pull players up for the ridiculous surrounding of them at every decision and will bring more control to the game imo.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Genghers wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:34 am Should be a booking.

I'd like them to bring in the rugby rule of only captains speaking to the referees (I know Pontus was captain, but still). Makes it easy to pull players up for the ridiculous surrounding of them at every decision and will bring more control to the game imo.
Should have gotten more reds than he did last season, I know MB whipped him off at least once after he lost it. May have been twice
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Some complimentary comments on the Oatcake:

'Some of the link up play and movement from Leeds when they turned it on was superb. They made us look like schoolboys. They will piss the league for sure. That first goal we haven’t got anyone at the club who could pick that pass.'

http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thr ... hurt-today
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

A sad sight to see. Only 15 years ago we were in their position, a poorly run club sinking fast and all the despair it entails. Not a nice thing to see.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

No, they're genuinely up s**t creek, and I do feel for them. Their forum is entertaining though. I enjoyed this one:

“A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool” - Shakespeare

Now compare and contrast:

Jones: "I believe if I was to put my work against top-level coaches, there would be no big gap."

Bielsa: “Why do I do it? Because I think I’m stupid”
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

SaraM wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:06 pm Some complimentary comments on the Oatcake:

'Some of the link up play and movement from Leeds when they turned it on was superb. They made us look like schoolboys. They will piss the league for sure. That first goal we haven’t got anyone at the club who could pick that pass.'

http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thr ... hurt-today
Some honest assessments by their fans except the guy who said we were "bog standard average".
Love the comment that said we "looked every bit a Premier League team"
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

More from the Stokies. Interesting to see their perceptions of Bielsa, and some of the comments make you proud that he chose to come to Leeds.

http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thr ... nes?page=1